Friday 20 April 2012

Pasta craftivities





I was at the supermarket with my kids when I mentioned we should buy some more pasta to use in the afternoon for some craft time. It was pretty funny to have Alex tell me that pasta is for eating and not for playing with. It is true that pasta is one of my kids favourite meals. But pasta is also great for making pictures. We used it raw and plain this time but may try and paint it another day or cook it and mix it with paint and see what patterns we can make.

For this activity we laid out out three pieces of cardboard, a marker pen, some bowls containing different pasta varieties, craft glue and paint brushes to apply the glue. The kids helped design a city with people and butterflies and glue on the pasta.

Then Jasmine requested that I draw a mermaid outline for her.  She also wanted to mix feathers with her pasta.


Alex felt inspired to use googley eyes with his pasta. So, I drew a few different shapes for him and left him to stick on the pasta and make funny creatures.


Have a look at the Spaghetti Worm Painting over at The Chocolate Muffin Tree -
http://www.thechocolatemuffintree.com/2011/05/spaghetti-worm-painting.html
How fun does that look!

And how about this deep red pasta heart for Valentine's Day made by Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas:
http://www.momto2poshlildivas.com/2012/01/valentine-craft-colored-pasta-wagon.html

I love this noodle train too:
http://www.chicagoparent.com/crafts/noodle-train

There are so many fun things to do with pasta ... if only one had more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment