Thursday 11 October 2012

Our new relaxation space


 


The kids and I have been busy creating a new "relaxation space" in our house. The kids were given a mosquito net a while ago which I finally hung up. We put pillows underneath the mosquito net that we had decorated using the freezer paper stencilling method earlier this year - see our cubby house creation post.

On request from the kids, I also made two large super bright, fluffy cushions. I bought two European pillows and some fluffy fabric that was on sale at Spotlight. The pillows were quick and easy to make with my sewing machine.

 

Over the last week or so we have cut out different animal and flower shapes out of carboard and decorated them with paper cut-outs, sequins, gems and dot paint. The kids have also brought home their favourite pictures from pre-school and stuck them on the wall.



We think our relaxation space is most inviting and definitely a feel good space.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I found you on Lil Luna! I love your relaxation space. Very inviting:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great looking relaxation space!

    ReplyDelete