Monday 3 December 2012

Christmas t-shirt decorating

I can't believe it is December already. I feel so behind with our Christmas crafts. I had imagined decorating the house from ceiling to floor and outside too this year but somehow we seem to be running out of time. I think we've been indulging in a few too many weekends away!

Anyway, we managed to squeeze in a bit of Christmas t-shirt decorating the other day which was fun. We used our favourite freezer paper stencilling technique - as seen previously on my blog when we turned an old sheet into a cubby house with fabric paint.

Jasmine made a candy cane and Alex a ginger bread man. I drew the outline of the shapes, as requested by the kids, on freezer paper and cut them out with an artline cutter.



I ironed the freezer paper onto the t-shirts. Alex and Jasmine chose their colours and started painting.



I love the colours and patterns they decided on. Once dry, we peeled the paper off.



And tried on the shirts ...



Lastly, I ironed over the painted t-shirts with a piece of cloth on top to seal in the colour.

1 comment:

  1. New follower! Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!
    www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete