Friday 22 March 2013

Making your own children's book


Jasmine and I discovered a creative and enjoyable way to spend time while travelling or sitting in a doctor's waiting room. We decided to write and illustrate our own children's book. It's a particularly fabulous activity because all you need are some colouring pencils, a notepad and your creativity.



Jasmine did the story telling and drawing and I wrote it down. See her story and a few illustrations below.

There once was a butterfly called Claudia that could fly whenever she wanted. Her middle name was Jasmine. She loved to fly.



She had a baby butterfly.

She visited a friend.

They both flew down to the river and saw pretty pink flowers, lush trees and a honey-eater.


It was Christmas Day and the village children were very excited.

It was a sunny day. It was a swirly day. The kids played in their tee-pee.

At night, the village sparkled from all the Christmas lights and decorations. It was a lovely view.



1 comment:

  1. Great idea!! I made an illustrated story at school when I was younger, I wish I still had it. I am so going to do this with my girls!

    ReplyDelete