Saturday 11 May 2013

Hammer, nail and wood projects

My kids think that weekends involve hanging out in the shed and making something with a hammer, nails and wood. I gotta tell you, they certainly didn't learn this from me. I'm clueless when it comes to building things. My husband is an office worker during the week but absolutely loves DIY on weekends. It appears the kids have inherited his enthusiasm for such projects.
The kids started with different size bits of soft wood, some nails and a small hammer. They loved experimenting. Thankfully there were no major injuries but the ice pack did come out once or twice for a sore finger, thanks to a poorly aimed hammer.





We haven't made anything beautiful yet but it's sure been fun trying!

2 comments:

  1. Our boys endlessly make swords as these are simple with 2 pieces of thin wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son would definitely agree. You can never have too many swords!

    ReplyDelete