Sunday 19 May 2013

Painted stick wind chimes




The kids and I loved the Happy Hooligans rainbow windchimes we saw the other day. On this blog, the kids painted different sticks and strung them up with screw eyes and string. We collected a big bag of sticks on our recent walk home from school to make our own version of wind chimes.

We painted the sticks with one coat of acrylic paint.




Once dry, my husband helped us put some holes in the middle of the sticks using an electric drill.


We then threaded gold string through various coloured sticks.


And voila we had our own rainbow wind chimes.

4 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Your kids must be so proud!! I'm sharing this on my PreschoolPowolPackets Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yes my kids keep telling me how good they look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely project. It seems so fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete